Breakthrough Innovations Group (BIG)
The Website is operated by Breakthrough Innovations Group Limited (BIG)
Company registration number: 07737311 registered in England and Wales.
Information we collect and how we use it
1. Your Content in our Services
Some of our Services allow you to submit content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours. Where content is an idea submission please see the section Ideas.
When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give BIG (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing you have added to BIG Forums). Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service.
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide
When you sign up for a BIG service, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other BIG services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information. You can use the BIG forums to learn more about the information associated with your Account. You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. BIG profiles are limited to one login so to have more than one BIG profile you need to create an additional account with a different email address. The Content you submit, post, or display will be able to be viewed by other users of the Services and through third party services and websites (go to the account settings page to control who sees your Content). You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms.
2. Prohibited Profile Content
The BIG Members will not submit or upload any Profile Content which may violate any third party or the Company's Intellectual Property Rights, which violates the laws of the United Kingdom or which is lewd, offensive, defamatory, harassing, derogatory or otherwise objectionable. The BIG Members will not submit or upload any Profile Content which may violate the laws of the country in which the BIG Members accesses, uses, submits or uploads Profile Content. Prohibited Profile Content includes but is not limited to Profile Content which is:
- Patently offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another individual(s);
- Exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- Contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- Solicits confidential or personal information from anyone under 18;
- Publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- Constitutes or promotes information that the BIG Members knows is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- Involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or spamming;
- Involves the use of the Company's domain name as a pseudonymous return email address for any communications which the BIG Members transmits from another location or through another person, compromises any right of a third party such as copyright infringement, patent, trademarks, and other proprietary rights, or distributes another's personal information without their personal permission, or for publicity;
- Contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, theft, child pornography, sexual assault, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users or Website Subscribers; or
- Involves commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from the Company.
- Licence, Representation and Warranty.
By submitting or uploading Profile Content to this Website, the BIG Members hereby grants to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide, transferable sub-licence and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display any and all of the Profile Content submitted or uploaded by the BIG Members, in connection with this Website, the Company and its successors' business or assigns, including without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of this Website, and derivative works thereof, in any media format and through any media without any requirement of prior permission from the Company, with or without being attributed to the BIG Members. The BIG Members hereby grants to each User and Website Subscriber a non-exclusive licence to access the Profile Content through this Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display such Profile Content as permitted through the functionality of this Website and under these BIG Members Terms & Conditions. The foregoing licence granted by the BIG Members will terminate once the BIG Members or the Company removes or deletes the Profile Content or any part thereof from this Website.
3. Removal Right
All Profile Content submitted or uploaded by the BIG Members is subject to approval by the Company. Profile Content may be checked by the Company on a random basis. The BIG Members expressly agrees that the Company may remove, disable or restrict access to or the availability of any Profile Content from this Website which the Company believes, in good faith and in the Company's sole discretion, to violate these BIG Members Terms & Conditions. The Company is under no obligation to any User or BIG Members and therefore may refuse to remove any Profile Content from this Website.
- Log information - When you access BIG services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Passwords - You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use "strong" passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. Twitter cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- User communications - When you send email or other communications to BIG, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Pricing - All prices for any services are indicative and do not constitute an offer and are subject to amendment or withdrawal at any time. VAT is included where applicable at the prevailing rate unless shown separately.
- Unique application number - Certain services, such as Idea submission include a unique reference number that is not automatically associated with your account and may be shared when the idea is evaluated.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of BIG or our users.
- If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
4. Refund Policy
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUNDS OF FEES: A member intending to withdraw from the Breakthrough Innovations Group (BIG) must give immediate written notice to the Breakthrough Innovations Group.
For Programme Enrolment: A member who withdraws after enrolling is liable for payment of fees for 20% of the intended programme.
For Modular products of business assessment, personal assessment a full refund will be given a month before commencement date. In the period of one month before commencement date 25% charge applies, after assessment has taken place no refund applies.
In all cases fees are not otherwise returnable, but requests for ex-gratia refunds of part of the fees paid in cases where a member is obliged to withdraw due to medical circumstances may be made in writing, including written proof, to the Breakthrough Innovations Group and will be pro-rated to reflect the proportion of membership already elapsed.
All refunds are subject to an administrative charge of £25.
If you decide you have to withdraw from any programme or workshop before it's completed, you must notify the Breakthrough Innovations Group in writing.
You will need to pay the administration fee.
5. Information sharing
BIG only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of BIG in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of BIG, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
6. Information security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to BIG employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
All ideas, programs and processes of BIG are bound by strict confidentiality and copyright. When a member becomes involved in any work group or idea development they agree to be bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
7. Accessing and updating personal information
When you use BIG services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems. Please review the service Help Centers for more information.
Ownership: The idea ownership is assigned on time and date received. If two people submit the same or similar ideas the first one received will be taken and evaluated for potential development. The ownership of an idea submitted belongs to the party submitting it. If the idea is accepted by BIG to develop in any way the ownership and intellectual property rights transfer to BIG entirely and after initial evaluation a formal agreement will be setup for ownership between the submitting parties, work group members, investors and BIG. 21.2. Chindogu ideas are not protected in any way.
The information on this Site is updated from time to time. BIG hereby exclude any warranties (whether expressed or implied), as to the quality, accuracy, efficacy, completeness, performance, fitness for a particular purpose of the Site or any of its contents, including (but not limited) to any curriculum vitae contained within the Site or vacancies advertised.
This Site contains material in the form of curriculum vitae submitted by candidates and vacancies by employers. BIG accept no responsibility for the content or accuracy of such curriculum vitae nor do BIG make any representations by virtue of the contents of this Site in respect of the existence, accuracy or availability of any jobs advertised.
10. Business uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify BIG and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees.
11. Age Restrictions
Members (users) must be over the age of 18 and affirms that they are over 18 years of age (or the legal age to accept these Terms & Conditions in the jurisdiction from which the Member accesses this Website). Any User under the age of 18 (or the legal age to accept these Terms & Conditions in the jurisdiction from which the User accesses the Website) that wishes to register on this Website to obtain Membership must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to be able to fully and competently enter into the conditions, obligations, affirmations, and warranties set out in these Terms & Conditions. Any User under the age of 16 will not be permitted to obtain Membership. The User must provide in good faith an accurate representation of their age when registering for Membership.
Members agrees to indemnify and keep the Company indemnified against any and all claims for infringement of any Intellectual Property Rights brought by a third party as a result of the Member's use of this Website.
Subject to Clauses 1 and 2, the Members agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against all claims which may be asserted against the Company, including but not limited to, any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debts, and expenses arising from:
- The Member's use of this Website; and
- The Member's violations of these Terms & Conditions.
This Clause (Indemnity) shall survive termination or expiry of a member.
13. Our Warranties and Disclaimers
We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we don't promise about our Services.
OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER BIG NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON'T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTION OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES "AS IS".
SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
14. Liability for our Services
WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, BIG, AND BIG'S SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF BIG, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIM UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
IN ALL CASES, BIG, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
15. FORCE MAJEURE
The Company shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations if caused by matters beyond its reasonable control, including the following:
- Acts of God such as fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, or other natural disaster;
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities, (Whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation and terrorist activity; or
- Government sanction, nationalisation, blockage, industrial dispute, lockout or failure of utility service.
16. About these Terms
We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly. We'll post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. We'll post notice of modified additional terms in the applicable Service. Changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective no sooner than fourteen days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
If there is a conflict between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
These terms control the relationship between BIG and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don't take action right away, this doesn't mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services and to terminate users or reclaim usernames. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of BIG, its users and the public.
If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
The laws of the United Kingdom apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services. All claims arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services will be litigated exclusively in the UK and you and BIG consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
17. Transfer of your personal data outside the EU
Countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal information than that required by the Data Protection Act 1998. If we need to transfer your data to a company based outside the EU, we will take steps to make sure your personal data is handled in line with UK law.